This Extrafriends Acceptable Use Policy is for the use of the Extrafriends Service. Your use of the Extrafriends Service means that you accept, and agree to be bound by the Extrafriends Acceptable Use Policy, which supplements the principles you agreed to in the Extrafriends Terms and Conditions of Use whether you are a registered Member or just a visitor to the Site.
Remember: Although we provide a venue where the Extrafriends Service may be accessed by Members, we do not approve or actively monitor and are not responsible for the behaviour or conduct of Members or the Content they post on the Site. This Acceptable Use Policy is designed to make the Extrafriends Service is safe and can be enjoyed by everyone. We are reliant on our Members to point out anything that doesn’t conform to this Acceptable Use Policy.
When we refer to “Content” in this Acceptable Use Policy, we are referring to any information, pictures, images, sounds, videos, graphics, software, files, or any item whatsoever that you post on the Site or otherwise make available or accessible to other Members or users of the Site and Extrafriends Service.
2. Unlawful Content
• Don’t upload, post or otherwise make available Content that violates or may violate any laws, rules or regulations;
• Don’t upload, post or otherwise make available Content that promotes, condones or encourages, (or is capable of promoting, condoning or encouraging) any illegal activity, racial tension or terrorism;
• Do not engage in predatory conduct or otherwise use the Extrafriends Service to stalk or harass anyone;
• Only upload, post or otherwise make available Content that you own. In the case of photographs and videos, this means that you may only upload, post or otherwise make available photographs or videos of a personal nature that are original works created by you; and/or
• Don’t post or share any Content that infringes, or might be considered to infringe, anyone’s copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights (for example, do not post any music files of your favourite song or video clips of a TV show) – it’s easy to take material that belongs to others, but that doesn’t make it right.
3. Inappropriate Content
Don’t post anything on the Site that is, or could be considered to be:-
• Obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexually explicit, profane, vulgar, violent or offensive (in any language);
• Depicting or describing violence in a gratuitous or graphic manner;
• Abusive, intimidating, discriminatory, threatening, mean spirited or intended to harass or cause (or be capable of causing) trouble or offence to anyone;
• Defamatory, false, fraudulent, unreliable or misleading about any person, business or thing; and/or
• Racially, ethnically, religiously or sexually discriminatory or offensive, hate related, malicious, derogatory or otherwise objectionable.
4. Your Conduct generally
• Your behaviour must at all times be polite;
• Don’t impersonate any person or entity;
• Don’t register for more than one Member account or use anyone else’s Member account. If you use multiple logins you will be removed from our Site;
• Don’t misrepresent yourself or any details about yourself;
• Don’t advertise, or use or place Content on the Extrafriends Service for any business or commercial or charitable purpose;
• Don’t use the Extrafriends Service or information gathered from it for the sending of unsolicited bulk email (sometimes known as spam) or any other unsolicited communications, chain letters, pyramid schemes or similar solicitations;
• Don’t submit the same – or similar – Content more than once;
• Use the English language;
• Please exercise caution when including an email address, postal address, phone number, or any other personal information about yourself on public areas of the Extrafriends Service;
• Don’t post, share or otherwise make available information that personally identifies other Members or which includes private information about other Members or people;
• Don’t solicit passwords or information from other Members for commercial or unlawful purposes;
• Don’t disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, cause a screen to scroll faster than other Members can type, attempt to circumvent any security or other filters we operate in connection with the Site, or otherwise act in a manner that could impair the functionality of the Extrafriends Service or Site or negatively affect other users’ ability to communicate using the Extrafriends Service;
• Don’t post anything that contains viruses, harmful software, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is technologically harmful;
• Don’t attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Extrafriends Service, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, database or computer connected to the Site; and
• Don’t obscure or interfere with any of the Extrafriends Material at any time.
5. Alerting Us
If you see anything on the Extrafriends Service that appears to breach this Acceptable Use Policy, then please contact us to inform us of it by using the “Report” function, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we actively encourage Members to do this, please don’t misuse this ‘Report’ function.
6. Withdrawing Material
We may, in our sole discretion, withdraw, restrict or move any Content which appears to breach the rules in this Acceptable Use Policy, or to bring the Extrafriends Service into disrepute – whether based on information received from Members or others, or our own determination. We reserve the right to delete any contribution or take action against any Member account, at any time, for any reason.